cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin "redirect loop" & Catalog / Customer "Something went wrong".

Admin "redirect loop" & Catalog / Customer "Something went wrong".

Hello All, this my fist post here, I'm hoping I can get some advice to solve an annoying issue with my Magento 2 install on NGINX with SSL.

The Problem.

Actually there is two problems but they seem to tie together so hopefully these may help diagnose the issue.

The first problem is when accessing either the "Catalog" or "Customers" page I get an error "Attention Something went wrong." with an endless "busy spinner" and no Items show in the list.

It seemed like an issue with Ajax / XHR (not to sure), I had seen a similar problem before on a different site which I rectified by changing the site Nginx config as follows:-

To:      try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?q=$uri&$args;

So I tried the same for my current magento2 config and it worked, no more errors or spinner!

All seemed well and good until I logged out of Admin to find that now the admin Login page has a redirect loop problem so the Login page does not show up.

So I reset the changes i had made to my NGINX config and tried again, the login page now works fine but the issue with "Catalog" or "Customers" has returned.

Please can somebody help me resolve this frustrating issue as I'm unsure if this is a Magento bug or an Nginx config problem.

TIA

Setup Info

• Magento 2 .18
  • Nginx 1.10.2
  • PHP-FPM 7.023
  • Centos 7
  • SSL user for both shop & admin
  • Clean installs using both web & composer
  • Using NGINX config provided with Magento