cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic assign new customer to Intra-Union customer group not working

Automatic assign new customer to Intra-Union customer group not working

I have a problem with the automatic assignment of new customers to intra-union customer group. The problem occurs when you try to add a new account with the 'create a new account' form. 

Example:
Every Belgium customer with a validated VAT number does not pay TAX (I added TAX rules for this). When I try to order something (without logging in as customer) and validate the VAT number on the checkout the TAX wil not be added as expected.  

When I try to add a new Belgium customer through the 'create a new customer' form and I validate the VAT the customer wil not be automatically assigned to the Intra-Union customer group. The next time I order something as the newly added Belgium loggedin customer I need to pay TAX because this customer is not automatically assigned to the right Intra-Union customer group.

Expected result:
If I create a Belgium customer with a validated VAT this customer must be automatically assigned to the Intra-Union customer group that I assigned in the configuration area in Magento.

The following configuration is set:No TAX customer groupNo TAX customer group

The version of our Magento is 2.2.6;
I can reproduce this on Magento version 2.3.0. I did a test on the Magento sample site https://demo1-m2.mage.direct/

Can anyone confirm this problem and does anyone have a solution for this problem?