cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad credentials for System config

Bad credentials for System config

We moved our store to a new server and the store is 100% moved and working fine. I am now trying to go to Web setup -> System Config and enter my public/private keys. On 2.2.9 now and when I hit save I get "Bad credentials ". I used these on the old server and they worked fine. Even try to generate new ones and get the same error. Any ideas on where to look? I love the web based extension installer and would like to have it up and running!

Regards

Shane

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bad credentials for System config

Hello There,

I have no doubt that you are using correct keys but please check if you are pasting  your public key as username and private key as password from your magento connect account.

Also this might be the case with incorrect permissions where Magento is not allowing to save the keys. You can try giving these below permissions.

find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \; 
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; 
find ./var -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \; 
find ./pub/media -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
find ./pub/static -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
chmod 777 ./app/etc
chmod 644 ./app/etc/*.xml

Please try this and check if you are able to save. Also please check logs may be you can trace any issues there.

It ended up being a blank space at the start of the public/private key. I was just clicking "copy" and for whatever reason when it did that it added a extra blank space at the start. None the less thank you for the reply.

If that is the case and you are sure its adding extra space, just copy it manually

bit of an annoying one, I had same issue... pasted keys into text editor and found a leading space. Took it out and all sorted.

Thanks I also had the same problem on Magento 2.3.6 its strange that the copy on the access page puts a space on both private and public key.

Surely this can be fixed by Magento.