cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad email notification sender

SOLVED

Bad email notification sender

Hi guys, I need help to fix an annoying issue. Hope to be in the right section...

I'm about to receive some orders from a new store. I noticed that email order notifications come with a bad sender. Actually, it seems that they come from the default email address of the server (I get something like defaultuser@mywebserverhost.xx). I don't know how to fix it, i tried everything, take a look at the screenshot:

I have no ideas left, anyone can help me, please?

TIA

G

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bad email notification sender

Hi @garrincha,

I was looking for your issue and I've found this: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/14952

Maybe you can try disabling Amazon Payment module?

(You'll find the command on that link but this is a shortcut)

php bin/magento module:disable Amazon_Core Amazon_Login Amazon_Payment

Can you try again?

View solution in original post

Hi @Damian Culotta, it works!

Thanks for your help

G

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @garrincha,

Can you check your Store Email Addresses configuration first?

Selección_004.png

Hi @Damian Culotta,

thanks for your answer. I was loosing the hope...

Take a look at the screenshots:

Schermata 2018-07-04 alle 09.05.03.png

I tried everything, even an external smtp server. Really don't know what to do next. My actual configuration is with a bcc email, but it still doesn't work, nor with nor without a bcc email.

The weirdest thing is all other email notifications are fine. Take a look:

"Oggetto" means subject, while "Mittente" means Sender. First email is an order confirmation, and it doesn't work as expected (sender seems to be the server default email); second email seems fine. Don't know why, please help me.

TIA

G

Hi @garrincha,

I only can imagine 2 possible situations here:

1) You're always using your local/server smtp and that's the address configured.

2) You said you've used an external SMTP? Can you try using some module to connect, for example with your Gmail accoun tto send emails? (Just to be sure)

Hi @Damian Culotta,

I don't understand what's going on.

I tried a SMTP extension (Mageplaza SMTP) with my business email settings, and it didn't work. After your last message, I tried with my personal gmail account, and it doesn't work, too, even in a differente way (sender is compiled, but with my personal information stored on my account).

I tried with the auth smtp comes with the domain. Look at the screenshot: test from extension is fine, but in the order notification sender is empty. Email store addresses are ok, sincerely I don't know what to do next. Store is configured with 2 views, settings are configured in the default store.

Hope you can help me...

G

Hi @garrincha,

I was looking for your issue and I've found this: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/14952

Maybe you can try disabling Amazon Payment module?

(You'll find the command on that link but this is a shortcut)

php bin/magento module:disable Amazon_Core Amazon_Login Amazon_Payment

Can you try again?

Hi @Damian Culotta, it works!

Thanks for your help

G

This is same issue in Magento 2.3 . After Disable Amazon Payment . It's does't help. 

Hi @gopal2k6 

I didn checked on 2.3 but those were 3 modules.

Also, since my answer to know Magento has more 3rd-party modules included. Maybe you can check other modules too?

Fix does not work for 2.3 

Seems like another basic bug.