cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI installation fails at DefinitionAggregator.php line 56

CLI installation fails at DefinitionAggregator.php line 56

Hi everybody,

New to Magento and trying to install it for the 1st time.

I've got all prerequisites met.

Stack is Linux Ubuntu 20.04

PHP 7.4.3

Apache 2.4.41

MySql 8.0

Magento 2.4p1 (downloaded as zip file)

Installation starts from CLI as expected, but is stop at step 4 of 1390 while installing the database schema. The error thrown is

In DefinitionAggregator.php line 65:Cannot process definition to array for type set

In the logs, this is what I found:

[2021-06-22 14:34:03] main.ERROR: Cannot process definition to array for type set
#0 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/magento/framework/Setup/Declaration/Schema/Db/MySQL/DbSchemaReader.php(111): Magento\Framework\Setup\Declaration\Schema\Db\DefinitionAggregator->fromDefinition()
#1 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/magento/framework/Setup/Declaration/Schema/Db/SchemaBuilder.php(80): Magento\Framework\Setup\Declaration\Schema\Db\MySQL\DbSchemaReader->readColumns()
#2 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/magento/framework/Setup/Declaration/Schema/SchemaConfig.php(66): Magento\Framework\Setup\Declaration\Schema\Db\SchemaBuilder->build()
#3 /home/magento/magento2.4/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/DeclarationInstaller.php(58): Magento\Framework\Setup\Declaration\Schema\SchemaConfig->getDbConfig()
#4 /home/magento/magento2.4/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/Installer.php(846): Magento\Setup\Model\DeclarationInstaller->installSchema()
#5 /home/magento/magento2.4/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/Installer.php(894): Magento\Setup\Model\Installer->declarativeInstallSchema()
#6 [internal function]: Magento\Setup\Model\Installer->installSchema()
#7 /home/magento/magento2.4/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/Installer.php(389): call_user_func_array()
#8 /home/magento/magento2.4/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/InstallCommand.php(231): Magento\Setup\Model\Installer->install()
#9 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InstallCommand->execute()
#10 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(1009): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#11 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(273): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#12 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php(115): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#13 /home/magento/magento2.4/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(149): Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->doRun()
#14 /home/magento/magento2.4/bin/magento(23): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#15 {main} [] []

Anybody else got the same problem? How to fix it?

TIA

Max

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CLI installation fails at DefinitionAggregator.php line 56

Re: CLI installation fails at DefinitionAggregator.php line 56

Hi Gaurav,

Yes, I did. However that was an upgrade, and this is a fresh install.

There are no pma_ tables yet in the database.

I am running the installation with db user != root - I created a db user "magento" and gave it all permissions on DDL statements. Is that correct?