cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Export/Import Downloadable Products, Magento 2

SOLVED

CSV Export/Import Downloadable Products, Magento 2

Hi,

I created a product with a downloadable link.

I export that product to a csv file.

I want to import the same and unmodified csv file.

I get this error:

Data validation failed. Please fix the following errors and upload the file again.

Following Error(s) has been occurred during importing process:
Only the first 100 errors are shown. 
1. Options for downloadable products not found in row(s): 1
Checked rows: 3, checked entities: 3, invalid rows: 1, total errors: 1

So it seems, that the downloadable product needs the corresponding fields for the import, but they are missing at the export.

Is there a workaround? What are the rows for the import? Can I add them in the CSV file?
Thanks
Werner
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CSV Export/Import Downloadable Products, Magento 2

So,

after getting a bit deeper into that I made some progress and could figure out some values, to make the import work.

As mentioned, the exportfunction doesnt deliver the needed fields.

The corresponding module and php file can be found in:

vendor\magento\module-downloadable-import-export\Model\Import\Product\Type

Downloadable.php

There, the tables, rows and values are defined.

The missing two headers are: 

• downloadable_samples
  • downloadable_links

These are as well the names of the headers for the cvs file.

Then, there are a bunch of options which have to/can be defined.

Values are separated via a ","

Below you will see the format which should be in the csv file.

group_title and title have to be defined. Other values have defaults as well.

group_title=GROUPTITLE_DOWNLOADME,title=TITEL_DOWNLOADME,purchased_separately=0,price=200,link_file=0b_000000.png,link_type=file,is_shareable=1,sample_file=0b_000000.png,sample_type=file,number_of_downloads=134

downloadable_samplesdownloadable_links
 group_title=GROUPTITLE_DOWNLOADME,title=TITEL_DOWNLOADME,purchased_separately=0,price=200,link_file=0b_000000.png,link_type=file,is_shareable=1,sample_file=0b_000000.png,sample_type=file,number_of_downloads=134

The results works as expected so far, but I still need to investigate further on.

best.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

As far as I know, currently default import Magento 2 does not allows to upload downloadable products with links. So  you may consider this extension. For one-time import free 2-week version would be enough. 

Hmm.
I am exporting from a CSV file with the original exporter and want to import it again WITHOUT modifying it!
So thats a straight Magento CSV file.
I get an Error.

Thanks for the hint of the extension. The store manager doesn't support 2.2 atm.
It would have been helpful because they explained the missing row headers. But that doesn't apply to 2.2.

Thanks Werner

So,

after getting a bit deeper into that I made some progress and could figure out some values, to make the import work.

As mentioned, the exportfunction doesnt deliver the needed fields.

The corresponding module and php file can be found in:

vendor\magento\module-downloadable-import-export\Model\Import\Product\Type

Downloadable.php

There, the tables, rows and values are defined.

The missing two headers are: 

• downloadable_samples
  • downloadable_links

These are as well the names of the headers for the cvs file.

Then, there are a bunch of options which have to/can be defined.

Values are separated via a ","

Below you will see the format which should be in the csv file.

group_title and title have to be defined. Other values have defaults as well.

downloadable_samplesdownloadable_links

The results works as expected so far, but I still need to investigate further on.

best.

Thinking of upgrading to Magento 2 and I am currently using an extension to import my downloadable products.   The last post is not clear.   There must be an export equal to the import.   From what was said, it seems the export is missing data needed for an import.

Sometimes small changes are made to the products via the program and usually larger changes made by import.  So the required sequence is to export the existing product data, make the change in Excel/Open Office then import it back into the system.

Would you please clarify the CSV Column titles and identify what is required for each.   e.g. number_of_downloads = {Description:} {Values: [0] - [999]  0 means?, Default = ?.}

In the last discussion, yamaciller identified the two missing required columns, downloadable_samples and downloadable_links.   However the downloadable_links data did not work in the latest 2.3.x Magento release.  The 2.3 User-Guide states that all product types are importable.  I have been searching for months for a sample CSV file which has all the required input parameters for a Downloadable product.  The Download Sample File to the right of the Entity Type field in Import Settings does not contain an example of a Downloadable product.
I will be generating the CSV file myself, for import into 2.3.1 and I need the latest 2.3.x full description of the two missing import fields, downloadable_samples and downloadable_links.  Does anyone out there have that information?

Hello @yamaciller ,

Can you please indicate in which folder the files are before the import ?

Best regards,