cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Product import - "File not uploaded"

CSV Product import - "File not uploaded"

Hello everyone,

I have a very strange problem with the import functionality of Magento 2.

What I'm trying to do is importing products from a CSV file generated by a piece of software that I've written. The file is rather large, weighting in at 19mb right now. Magento 2 simply tells me "File was not uploaded" as an error, as soon as the file is bigger than 1024kb/1Mb. As soon as I truncate it, the file is being accepted.

A few facts about the whole thing:

• The most obvious thought of course is the php upload size limit and post size limit, which I both have verified to be at 64M both in the php.ini and via phpinfo(); And Magento is telling me the same thing before the import – I've also looked at the more obscure setting of request body size in the apache configuration, but that also doesn't seem to be the problem.
  • Permissions would be the next thing coming to mind, so I made sure that everything within the Magento directory belongs to the correct user using a chown -R command and also verified this to be true.
  • I know for a fact that the file is actually being uploaded because Magento has been giving me feedback on errors in the CSV and provided values which I have been fixing for the past day. So I'd rule out the above factors completely. The problem only occurs once the validation check is clear.
  • The upload works as long as it is maximum 1MB file size and the file then also appears in var/import_history
  • Also, there's several copies of the full 19MB file in var/import_history from when there was still errors in it - seems that Magento gladly uploaded them under that circumstance.
  • I ruled out that a specific line in the CSV maybe still gives trouble by truncating different lines to get under 1MB - result is always the same.

All of that leaves me with only one conclusion: Magento 2 HAS GOT to do something specific after the file was uploaded, and verified, and it only happens if it's over 1MB in size. Does anyone have pointers? Is there some configuration hidden there in Magento 2?

Stats: Running on Magento 2.1.7 CE, PHP 7.0.15 on a Ubuntu 14.04 machine

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're on a deadline and this is an unnerving issue for the lack of Magentos feedback.