cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache page displaying as error message?

Cache page displaying as error message?

Hi

For some reason my cache page displays as an error message.

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (Magento\Framework\Exception\ValidatorException): Invalid template file: 'Magento_Backend::system/cache/additional.phtml' in module: 'Magento_Backend' block's name: 'cache.additional'

Exception #0 (Magento\Framework\Exception\ValidatorException): Invalid template file: 'Magento_Backend::system/cache/additional.phtml' in module: 'Magento_Backend' block's name: 'cache.additional'
#0 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Element/Template.php(300): Magento\Framework\View\Element\Template->fetchView(false)
#1 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/module-backend/Block/Template.php(124): Magento\Framework\View\Element\Template->_toHtml()
#2 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Element/AbstractBlock.php(667): Magento\Backend\Block\Template->_toHtml()
#3 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(558): Magento\Framework\View\Element\AbstractBlock->toHtml()
#4 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(534): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderBlock('cache.additiona...')
#5 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('cache.additiona...')
#6 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('cache.additiona...')
#7 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('content')
#8 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('content')
#9 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('content')
#10 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('main.col')
#11 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('main.col')
#12 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('main.col')
#13 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('admin.scope.col...')
#14 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('admin.scope.col...')
#15 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('admin.scope.col...')
#16 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('page.main.conta...')
#17 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('page.main.conta...')
#18 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('page.main.conta...')
#19 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('page.content')
#20 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('page.content')
#21 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('page.content')
#22 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('page.wrapper')
#23 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('page.wrapper')
#24 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('page.wrapper')
#25 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('backend.page')
#26 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('backend.page')
#27 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(585): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('backend.page')
#28 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(536): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->_renderContainer('root')
#29 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(489): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderNonCachedElement('root')
#30 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(954): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->renderElement('root')
#31 /home/momentst/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/View/Layout/Interceptor.php(37): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->getOutput()
#32 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Result/Page.php(257): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Interceptor->getOutput()
#33 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Result/Layout.php(170): Magento\Framework\View\Result\Page->render(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Response\Http\Interceptor))
#34 /home/momentst/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Backend/Model/View/Result/Page/Interceptor.php(37): Magento\Framework\View\Result\Layout->renderResult(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Response\Http\Interceptor))
#35 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(139): Magento\Backend\Model\View\Result\Page\Interceptor->renderResult(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Response\Http\Interceptor))
#36 /home/momentst/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(256): Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch()
#37 /home/momentst/public_html/index.php(39): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Http))
#38 {main}

Please can anyone advice me on this

Thanks in advance

Steven

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Cache page displaying as error message?

Hi @steven_banks

Based on the error log you have posted - it seems like you have something issue with your layout.xml file either in your custom  module or in your custom theme.

so here you need to debug and identify which layout.xml file have error on this !!

Refer this link that might help you - https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Programming/Exeption-error-after-upgrading-to-magento-2...

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

To be honest I am a complete novice when it comes to magento so I am totaly confused now. Can you please guide me on the steps needed to do this.

It would be greatly appreciated

Hi @steven_banks

okay i understand your concern , but it looks like something is issue with custom theme and custom module !!

so you required some code level expertise to resolved it - regarding steps yes , first you need to identify which custom theme is active as of now ? - changed it to luma theme from backend !!

then check it might works - if its still not work then second step is you need to check which type of custom module is installed in your website ?

one by one you need to disable this module , to check the exact issue !!

you can disable module by running command using ssh terminal - php bin/magento module:disable VendorName_ModuleName

Hope it helps to you

If I change back to luma can i change back to my theme after and will any of the changes i have made be the same. 

Also if I change the theme now can it affect my installed modules.

Thank you

Hi @steven_banks

Yes after changing theme if you would like to switch your existing theme - you can easily change it from backend and there is no issue on that.

No - if you change theme there is no effect on any modules ! that will remain as it is - but it is just to confirm that , issue is coming from your theme or not !!

Also you need to run commands using SSH terminal !!

php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Hi,

Just create the "additional.phtml" file in your magento folder. Example: "MAGENTO_FOLDER/vendor/magento/module-backend/view/adminhtml/templates/system/cache"

You can get the file from here: https://github.com/magento/magento2/tree/a952969a8c08928d356fab8d0fb35f4dbe5fe9ce/app/code/Magento/B...

Good luck Smiley Happy

Rafael Oliveira

www.blackhauz.com.br

i face the same issue, follow this link its resolve my issue, explain every thing step by step. Smiley Happy
https://youtu.be/QMdbvhIE7jI

Thank you..it works for me. Keep doing good works.

@rcoelros wrote:

Hi,

Just create the "additional.phtml" file in your magento folder. Example: "MAGENTO_FOLDER/vendor/magento/module-backend/view/adminhtml/templates/system/cache"

You can get the file from here: https://github.com/magento/magento2/tree/a952969a8c08928d356fab8d0fb35f4dbe5fe9ce/app/code/Magento/B...

Good luck Smiley Happy

Rafael Oliveira

www.blackhauz.com.br

@rcoelros wrote:

Hi,

Good luck Smiley Happy

Rafael Oliveira

www.blackhauz.com.br