cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not add product to cart in product page - We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now

Can not add product to cart in product page - We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now

Hi All,

Wish all of you can help. I installed CE Magento 2.1.0 and 2.1.2 and both have problem when add product in cart

In product page, there is error message

We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now

however, when in catalog page and press the add to cart for the product, the product can be added to cart successfully

checked the /var/log/debug.log

[2016-10-19 01:06:52] main.DEBUG: cache_invalidate: {"method":"POST","url":"http://www.testing212.com/admin_r1r4dx/admin/cache/massDisable/key/93be4134db252686a8097653e1baadb109d851dc057cd04296bd18a34e4d93c2/","invalidateInfo":{"tags":["WEBSERVICE"],"mode":"matchingTag"},"is_exception":false} []

My current server setting

Apache 2.4

PHP5.6 / PHP7

MySQL 5.7.14

Please help!

Andy 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Can not add product to cart in product page - We can't add this item to your shopping cart right

I got the exact same error when trying to add a product to the shopping cart in a product page. For some reasons it's working in the category list view. I tried it on some different versions of Magento ce, like 2.1.0 / 2.1.2 and the 2.2.x developer versions. I thought that maybe it's the hosters fault, as for example a wrong or an outdated apache version. I'm still looking for a fix, but not many people seem to have that error.

Re: Can not add product to cart in product page - We can't add this item to your shopping cart right

same problem here. How do you fixed it?

Same problem here.
MAGENTO 2 is soooo buggy and no one here got the skills to help.

I found the solution Go to /vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache/Backend and edit the file.php Search for 'cache_dir' => null, and replace it with 'cache_dir' => 'var/cache', DONE! For us it worked well.

EDITED on December 21st 2021:

We solved the same issue now on magento 2.4.3-p1 by adding the following to the .htaccess file in the root of your magento.

SetEnv TEMP /root_to_your_magneto/var/tmp
SetEnv TMP /root_to_your_magneto/var/tmp
SetEnv TMPDIR /root_to_your_magneto/var/tmp

Example:
SetEnv TEMP /www/htdocs/w83473239/var/tmp
SetEnv TMP /www/htdocs/w83473239/var/tmp
SetEnv TMPDIR /www/htdocs/w83473239/var/tmp

Clear cache and you should be good.

It did not work for us... error seems to be something to do with the server configuration as the same code is working on our staging setup while the same is not working on production server. We are still facing the same error.

When I checked exception.log I found that, insert query is getting failed due to integration violation error in two tables - quote_item and quote_item_option.

To solve this, I had to make auto increment on for primary key column of both the table. This is how I fixed it. 

Hope this helps. 

That didn't work for me. When I click the add button it does nothing. It just says adding and is greyed out and never adds to cart. modifying the File.php file changing it to the specified cache location changed nothing.

Hi all,

I'm the same problem

when I add to cart a product, but the cart is empty

when I sign in  with account enable, sign in not working

and nothing  error is displayed

new installation  magento 2.2.2 with sample products

cento 7.0

Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)

PHP 7.0.27

plesk panel 12.5

thanks for help

Albina

I found some hints about this in a thread on the stackexchange forum

- Timezone of the server

- OPcache

- check ./var/log/exception.log

are the points mentioned mainly. Eventhough I can't make much sense from that due to lacking technical insights, maybe it'll help others here.