cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Orders

SOLVED

Cancelling Orders

Hi,

I have a Magento Community 2.1 operating my website and I have BIG issues with order processing process:

1. When I try to cancel the order and to issue the credit note as per the User Documentation, The system does not allow me to do so - error message "you cannot cancel order" and the "Update Qty" button is not active when I try to get the items back into stock

2. I also have transactions that have been paid on the gateway side and it is showing as "Processing" and I cannot change the status manually as "Completed" so that I can process with the shipment of the order.

PLEASE HELP

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cancelling Orders

Hi @ksenia_lai

1. When I try to cancel the order and to issue the credit note as per the User Documentation, The system does not allow me to do so - error message "you cannot cancel order" and the "Update Qty" button is not active when I try to get the items back into stock

RE : - is your order status is completed ? basically credit note (credit memo) works when your order status is in complete status and that time this button shows on the order page at magento 2 backend ! 

Also "Update Qty" button is  not-active its because you haven't done partial shipment , meaning it will active when you from full order 1 or 2 items gets delivered and for remaining items needs to generate credit memo that time this button is activated !

So generate the credit memo after order completion and then try 

2. I also have transactions that have been paid on the gateway side and it is showing as "Processing" and I cannot change the status manually as "Completed" so that I can process with the shipment of the order.

Re  :- Order status gets changed to completed when the invoice is generated , so kindly generate the order invoice and then check order status its get completed !

Hope it helps 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ksenia_lai

RE : - is your order status is completed ? basically credit note (credit memo) works when your order status is in complete status and that time this button shows on the order page at magento 2 backend ! 

Also "Update Qty" button is  not-active its because you haven't done partial shipment , meaning it will active when you from full order 1 or 2 items gets delivered and for remaining items needs to generate credit memo that time this button is activated !

So generate the credit memo after order completion and then try 

Re  :- Order status gets changed to completed when the invoice is generated , so kindly generate the order invoice and then check order status its get completed !

Hope it helps 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Where is the solution