cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot choose or upload an image (A technical problem with the server created an error)

SOLVED

Cannot choose or upload an image (A technical problem with the server created an error)

Hello everyone,

I'm running PHP 7.2 and Magento 2.3 with a custom theme and when editing pages or creating new ones, when I try to add an image from the add image button I get this error:

A technical problem with the server created an error. Try again to continue what you were doing. If the problem persists, try again later.

Also, I cannot see any of the images from the left hand browser tab and also when I create a new folder, Never creates one.

I checked the log and there is nothing registered regarding this issue. And the only error that gets logged is not even related! 

[2020-06-08 09:58:01] main.ERROR: Unable to resolve the source file for 'adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/Toogas_Easypay/fonts/toogas-icon.woff2' [] []
[2020-06-08 09:58:01] main.CRITICAL: Unable to resolve the source file for 'adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/Toogas_Easypay/fonts/toogas-icon.woff2' [] []

I saw many people had a similar problem when they were trying to upload their logo.

But those solution didn’t work for me.

Kindly help.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot choose or upload an image (A technical problem with the server created an error)

So after going through everything, I found out that the Fileinfo extension was missing from my PHP configuration. The problem went away as soon as I enabled it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot choose or upload an image (A technical problem with the server created an error)

Hi @sahandsigm749e 

kindly refer below URL to :

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/127586/magento-2-can-not-upload-product-images

This should be help to resolve this issue.

If issue resolve, please click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution!

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I did all the steps mentioned in the link but it didn't fix the error.

OK After I enabled Error display functionality in my PHP.ini I see this error now:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in /home/..../public_html/vendor/magento/module-cms/Model/Wysiwyg/Images/Storage.php:362 Stack trace: #0 /home/..../public_html/generated/code/Magento/Cms/Model/Wysiwyg/Images/Storage/Interceptor.php(37): Magento\Cms\Model\Wysiwyg\Images\Storage->getFilesCollection('/home/...', 'image') #1 /home/...../public_html/vendor/magento/module-cms/Block/Adminhtml/Wysiwyg/Images/Content/Files.php(60): Magento\Cms\Model\Wysiwyg\Images\Storage\Interceptor->getFilesCollection('/home/.....', 'image') #2 /home/..../public_html/vendor/magento/module-cms/Block/Adminhtml/Wysiwyg/Images/Content/Files.php(74): Magento\Cms\Block\Adminhtml\Wysiwyg\Images\Content\Files->getFiles() #3 /home/..../public_html/vendor/magento/module-cms/view/adminhtml/templates/browser/content/files.phtml(13): Magento\Cms\Block\Adminhtml\Wysiwyg\Images\Content\Files->getFilesCount() #4 /home/...../public_html/vendor/magento/framework/View/Tem in /home/...../public_html/vendor/magento/module-cms/Model/Wysiwyg/Images/Storage.php on line 362

So after going through everything, I found out that the Fileinfo extension was missing from my PHP configuration. The problem went away as soon as I enabled it.