cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find save handler 'db'

Cannot find save handler 'db'

I just installed Magento 2.1 on my VPS and now I was exploring a little bit it's features. I wanted to go in the 'Web Setup Wizard' section, but the page shows the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Warning: ini_set(): Cannot find save handler 'db' in /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/Session/SessionManager.php on line 580 in /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/App/ErrorHandler.php:61 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Magento\Framework\App\ErrorHandler->handler(2, 'ini_set(): Cann...', '/var/www/html/p...', 580, Array) #1 /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/Session/SessionManager.php(580): ini_set('session.save_ha...', 'db') #2 /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/Session/SessionManager.php(184): Magento\Framework\Session\SessionManager->initIniOptions() #3 /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/generated/code/Magento/Backend/Model/Auth/Session/Interceptor.php(167): Magento\Framework\Session\SessionManager->start() #4 /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Frame in /var/www/html/pricelinks.com/public_html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/App/ErrorHandler.php on line 61

I searched throught PHP files for the line that seems to cause the error, but I couldn't find anything concludent.

The cron job is activated and everything was configured properly using the official documentation, but maybe I am missing something. I searched on Google about this, but I couldn't find anything. Could anyone help me?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cannot find save handler 'db'

Hi @LittleWho,

Are you using database to store sessions? Or something else?

Re: Cannot find save handler 'db'

Yes, I am using database and everything works fine, except this section.