cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load a shipping method without a zip code

Cannot load a shipping method without a zip code

Hi

In Hong Kong we do not have Zip/Post Codes, so in the config we have set 'Zip/Postal Code is Optional for' Hong Kong.

At checkout, (magento 2.15) will not load a shipping method unless we first input something in the 'Zip/Postal Code' text field. This would confuse customers.

Error Message (without Zip) : 'Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time

Any solutions to this issue would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cannot load a shipping method without a zip code

Hi guys,

We have the same problem for a client from Ireland - they do not use zip codes and that creates an issue on shipping estimator and checkout page.

It looks like the only way is to customize the JS on cart and checkout pages but i thought i will check with you before releasing a wrath of the developers on this. I prefer to fix issues with an existing functionality if possible before adding customizations to the stores.

any suggestions?

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Hi @robbiesw1,

You can try guide on the link: https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/143353/remove-postal-code-required to remove require for postcode field on your site. 

www.advancedcheckout.com - www.stableaddon.com
One Step checkout extension - Social Login extension - Gift Card extension

Hi folks. Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a Magento shop for Ireland and the table rate shipping doesn't show until I enter a zip code even though I have zip code optional for Ireland. 

A temporary solution is to make zip code obligatory for Ireland so that customers enter zip and see shipping options. 

I found the solution to this. In admin go to

Stores->Configuration->Sales->Tax->Default Tax Destination Calculation

Change Default Country to Ireland (or any other country with an optional zip code).

Faced the same issue, in which the table rate shipping method was not showing on page load of checkout. I just changed the default tax calculation destination to the country with postal code as optional and it worked like a charm.

Thanks its working