cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Products List widget not evaluated in CMS block after update to Magento 2.3.5

Catalog Products List widget not evaluated in CMS block after update to Magento 2.3.5

Under Magento 2.2.5 I used to have a block that would use the Catalog Products List widget to include all products:

{{widget type="Magento\CatalogWidget\Block\Product\ProductsList" title="all products" show_pager="0" products_count="20" template="Magento_CatalogWidget::product/widget/content/grid.phtml" conditions_encoded="^[`1`:^[`type`:`Magento||CatalogWidget||Model||Rule||Condition||Combine`,`aggregator`:`all`,`value`:`1`,`new_child`:``^]^]"}}

After upgrading to 2.3.5-p1, this doesn't work any more. In the frontend, it now displays the code shown above, without evaluating it at all.

Any idea what is going wrong here and what I can do to bring my product list back?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Catalog Products List widget not evaluated in CMS block after update to Magento 2.3.5

I've upgraded 2.2.8 to 2.3.6-p1 and also have this issue. 

__
The only predictable thing about people is their unpredictability.

Re: Catalog Products List widget not evaluated in CMS block after update to Magento 2.3.5

Managed to fix the same issue by replacing the file 

Magento_CatalogWidget/templates/product/widget/content/grid.phtml

in my theme with the one in the original module

might help anyone else trying