Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories admin page not loading after importing ~ 70k new items

SOLVED

Categories admin page not loading after importing ~ 70k new items

Hello all,

any help is appreciated.

After importing around 70K new items and updating their categories about 3 times I am unable to view the categories page in admin. When I go to catalog>categories in admin page I get no loading in the back end. Safari tells me the connection was dropped and chrome says the page didn’t send any data. I do have an extension that allows me to make a menu for categories and I can see the categories in there so I know it’s not completely broken. I have attempted disabling all themes and extensions that have been recently added/ didn’t come in the clean build and I still get the same issue.

has anyone else run into this after loading new items? Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot or resolve?

ive checked debug, system and error logs in Magento and my server and see nothing. Any advice is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Categories admin page not loading after importing ~ 70k new items

So on a second update here, I copied the site a second time now and have just deleted the categories to see if this would resolve the issue and it hasn't. 

Using:

DELETE FROM mg_catalog_category_entity WHERE entity_id > 2;

DELETE FROM mg_url_rewrite WHERE entity_type = 'category';

All categories are gone from the site but the Categories page still does not load. 

Unfortunately it appears that deleting all products and re-loading is going to be the resolution here. Unless someone can come in with a programatic solution :-D

In order to delete products I am using (in SQL):

Delete from mg_catalog_product_entity 

DELETE FROM mg_url_rewrite WHERE entity_type = 'product'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

So just to give an update to anyone having the same issue, I created a copy of the site and completely blew out the products (not the categories) and I am now able to see the categories page. I uploaded 77,000 products into approximately 132 separate main categories. Perhaps this broke the page? 

Unfortunately I could not test deleting the categories because all of my standard code for that does not seem to be working with the 2.2.5 update.

I will continue to update until I find a better resolution.

So on a second update here, I copied the site a second time now and have just deleted the categories to see if this would resolve the issue and it hasn't. 

Using:

DELETE FROM mg_catalog_category_entity WHERE entity_id > 2;

DELETE FROM mg_url_rewrite WHERE entity_type = 'category';

All categories are gone from the site but the Categories page still does not load. 

Unfortunately it appears that deleting all products and re-loading is going to be the resolution here. Unless someone can come in with a programatic solution :-D

In order to delete products I am using (in SQL):

Delete from mg_catalog_product_entity 

DELETE FROM mg_url_rewrite WHERE entity_type = 'product'