cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category Updating Issues

SOLVED

Category Updating Issues

Can't find a good answer for this, so here is my problem I am facing.

In my categories, I get up to ID 1537 and they all work just fine. Beyond that, anything new is leading to my 404 page. From what I can tell, all the URL rewrites are happening properly. It doesn't affect any new products, just categories. I know I don't have 1537 current categories, because a lot got deleted by accident back in M1, but may still be in the database somehow?

Any advice on this will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Categories Leading to 404 Page

I don't know why it wasn't working the first time I tried this, but my problem has finally been fixed. Solution found on this post: https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Technical-Issues/products-not-showing-in-category-on-fr...

In order in SSH:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I have deleted all the old categories that no longer exist and I am still having the same issue.

Now I am finding that the categories seem to not be updating at all. Was trying to add a static block into a category, and also remove one from another, and neither change took. Flushed cache, made sure settings were correct, and no change stuck. The database shows the changes though where they should be.

Yesterday before the issue of category static blocks not showing/updating, I installed Java onto my server so I can get Elasticsearch installed soon. Could that have something to do with that issue?

Still having this issue. Can't find any solutions, nor can I find a cause that could be making this issue happen. In the database, the url_key & url_path are being set correctly in the catalog_category_entity_varchar table. It also looks correct in the url_rewrite table so I am at a loss as to why new categories are going to the 404 page.

Delete all the Products and Category URLs from the Database table "url_rewrite" and then try to save each category.

Also, check for the URL suffix from the configuration.

Store > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Search Engine Optimization

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

@LitCommerce Expert I saw that "solution" when searching around. Didn't work

I have something new to add to this post.

I was messing around today with a 3rd party extension that does Featured Product Lists thinking I could make a page for a new category and bypass the 404 for the category. The category_id that the extension uses threw an error for the new category saying it doesn't exist. Check the database and it is there as an entity id for the catalog_category_entity table.

I know the extension works because I changed the category_id to a parent and it works just fine.

I don't know why it wasn't working the first time I tried this, but my problem has finally been fixed. Solution found on this post: https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Technical-Issues/products-not-showing-in-category-on-fr...

In order in SSH:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush