cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category in database, but not showing in admin or front end

Re: Category in database, but not showing in admin or front end

Thanks for your help. OK. So, I think I should delete the category, since it obviously is not working correctly. Here's what I have so far:

1. I delete the rewrite URLS from the admin of Magento

2. I delete the category from the catalog_category_entity_varchar table

3. I delete the corresponding entries with the same entity_id in the catalog_category_entity table

You mention deleting values from child tables also, but I have no idea what the child tables are, or what to delete in them. Can you tell me exactly, all the values in all the applicable tables I need to delete to completely delete a category from the database, or point me in the direction of such a step-by-step guide? Thanks.

I was saying that if you delete an entry from the catalog_category_entity, child values from (for example) catalog_category_entity_varchar will be deleted too because the FK.

Thanks for your reply. The more we discuss this, the more confused I become. I just want to completely remove category "bombers" from my database, using phpmyadmin. I don't need to understand the reasoning, risks, or ramifications. I just need step-by-step what to remove in what tables. Can you give me that information? Thanks.

OK. I think I fixed this issue. First, I moved a copy locally (Windows/XAMPP), in case I screwed something up! I looked and saw two categories were both given entity_id of 60. I think that's what screwed everything up. I deleted any entries in any category tables that were 60. I then had to go into the marketing section of the admin area and delete the two url rewrites it created for 60. I could then add "Bombers" and "Fighters" and any other category I wanted to. Now, I just need to decide if I want to try and export the sql, or just make the changes manually on the server.

Let me know if what I did seems ok, and/or if there's more I need to do. Thanks.

Hi @radman63,

Has sense.

If is only about 2 categories I'll do it manually. It will be faster and easier.