Hi 

I have a website with two store views 

Description attribute was on Store View Scope 

For each products I have entered two description in two languages   

By mistake I have change Description to Global 

and Now I have change the scope again to Store View

and I have change the it to

The Description now is only in one Language for all products 

Do I lost all my second view description  ? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change Attribute from Global to Store View

Although I have never tried this, you can check if this will help you to get your answer:

Is it Magento's product description you are talking about or you have created custom description attribute which you have modified?

If it's Magento's default description/short description of the product then you can verify in the DB if you still have store values specific or not by running this query in DB

SELECT * FROM magento_contribution.catalog_product_entity_text where attribute_id IN (75,76);

In above query 75 and 76 is the attributes id of description and short description respectively. If you have different attribute id then replace these ids with your id.

If you still see different data as per store in the table then also check if you have flat enabled or not, if the flat is enabled then check in a flat table what is the value there. 

In the end, also try to run indexing if the value for stores still exists in DB. 

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Although I have never tried this, you can check if this will help you to get your answer:

Is it Magento's product description you are talking about or you have created custom description attribute which you have modified?

If it's Magento's default description/short description of the product then you can verify in the DB if you still have store values specific or not by running this query in DB

SELECT * FROM magento_contribution.catalog_product_entity_text where attribute_id IN (75,76);

In above query 75 and 76 is the attributes id of description and short description respectively. If you have different attribute id then replace these ids with your id.

If you still see different data as per store in the table then also check if you have flat enabled or not, if the flat is enabled then check in a flat table what is the value there. 

In the end, also try to run indexing if the value for stores still exists in DB. 

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Unfortunately, 

My data were deleted from DB

I didn't know this small mistake will effect to all my products

Thanks for your reply