cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my site to Single Store mode and now the navigation isn't working correctly

SOLVED

Changed my site to Single Store mode and now the navigation isn't working correctly

Hello,

I recently took over managing an e-commerce site for my client and in looking at the settings I saw that it was set up as a multi-store site. It didn't seem to require that setting so I changed it to Single Store mode. But now the navigation isn't working correctly. The home page shows up blank.

How can I fix this? I tried to add Store views thinking that I could just set it back the way it was but that doesn't seem possible at the moment.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changed my site to Single Store mode and now the navigation isn't working correctly

Hello and Thanks for the suggestions @Sunil_Patel @Manthan_Dav 
I feel kind of foolish I didn't check the theme. Once I went to Design Configuration>Design>Content I saw that the theme needed to be reselected after the change. This solved all my issues.

View solution in original post

Re: Changed my site to Single Store mode and now the navigation isn't working correctly

Hello @duane_zoldak 

ya that is the right point 

So following point need to take after a change to single store:-

1) change the theme into global store wise

2) if any attribute save store wise then need to copy into globally

3) same for customer

Glad to know that your issue is solved

please mark as a solution so help to others. 

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @duane_zoldak 

After changing into the single store mode - have you clear the cache and run the required commands ? if not - kindly run below commands in a sequence from your SSH command line terminal.

php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

It might resolve your issue - let me know after running this command if you face the same issue - i will glad to assist you further.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @duane_zoldak 

can you check log file into var/log foler and check it.

Sunil Patel

Hello and Thanks for the suggestions @Sunil_Patel @Manthan_Dav 
I feel kind of foolish I didn't check the theme. Once I went to Design Configuration>Design>Content I saw that the theme needed to be reselected after the change. This solved all my issues.

Hi @duane_zoldak 

Glad to know that your issue gets resolved - please accept answer as solution and close the issue !

So other user gets helped on the same !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @duane_zoldak 

ya that is the right point 

So following point need to take after a change to single store:-

1) change the theme into global store wise

2) if any attribute save store wise then need to copy into globally

3) same for customer

Glad to know that your issue is solved

please mark as a solution so help to others. 

Sunil Patel