cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colorado retail delivery fee

Re: Colorado retail delivery fee

Yeah what our client ended up doing was making a shipping rule in ShipperHQ (their shipping extension provider) which adds that 27 cents. Then, on our invoices, we just wrote some text that the Colorado RDF is included in the shipping fee.

It doesn't "fit" the guidelines, but at least our client was okay with doing that. At first they were worried about being 'out' the 27 cents on each order so they were going to have us spend around 30 hours to come up with the solution I stated above which would've just been a huge waste. Spending thousands to save what would've probably been $50. It made no sense. I'm glad they found the work around with their shipping extension.

Hopefully Avalara will come up with their own solution in time, or Colorado will just have some lawsuits filed against them and they'll change their tune.

My developer also stated I was his only customer asking as well. We haven't implemented anything yet. I figured it was cheaper to eat the .27 per order than spend a lot of money trying to develop a solution. I am still hoping that someone comes up with a solution we can all use. I also agree that the $50 Avalara is going to charge will be way more than the actual fee. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that CO has done this.

I totally understand where you're coming from. It's frustrating when you're the only one asking for a solution and you're not sure if it's worth the investment. I had a similar experience when I was looking for tax planning help for my business. I ended up contracting some accountants from https://www.sfb.group/whatwedo/help-for-businesses/tax/internationaltax-planning/ and it was totally worth it. But back to your situation, I agree that the $50 fee Avalara is charging seems excessive for such a small amount. It's a tough call to make, especially if you're not sure if it's worth the investment.

We are migrating to Magento2 and will be heading into pre launch code freeze for UAT in a few weeks.  We need to have a solution in place for the CO delivery fee before launch.  Curious if you figured it out since last post in this thread.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

It flabbergasts me that we are over partially as the month progressed and we can't find an answer anyplace for this. I talked with my engineer and he expressed I'm the main client he has in any event, getting some information about it.

It will set us back Much more to execute that the $.27/request will amount to. I'm speculating Avalara will charge the standard $50/month to document the return. That will in itself cost more than the all out expense I think.

Murmur...

Still running the same hacky solution. Nothing really well aligned with the law/guidelines.

Hey there,

I understand your concern about implementing the Colorado Retail Delivery Fee in Magento 2, especially with the deadline approaching. It seems like the discussion on this topic has been limited, with no follow-up on the forum you mentioned. However, don't lose hope just yet! I recommend posting your Delivery question and request for ideas directly on this forum. Hopefully, someone there will be able to provide some helpful insights and guidance. Best of luck with the implementation!

Hello there,

I comprehend your anxiety about carrying out the Colorado Retail Conveyance Charge in Magento 2, particularly with the cutoff time drawing closer. It seems like the conversation on this point has been restricted, with no subsequent on the discussion you referenced. Be that as it may, don't lose trust presently! I suggest posting your Conveyance question and solicitation for thoughts straightforwardly on this discussion. Ideally, somebody there will actually want to give a few supportive bits of knowledge and direction. Good luck with the execution!