cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component manager: conflicting component dependencies

SOLVED

Component manager: conflicting component dependencies

Hi,

I have a fresh installation of Magento 2.1.13 running on php 5.6.When i try to install an extension i can't pass the Readiness Check. The following error is appearing:

Check Component Dependency

We found conflicting component dependencies.

Also, if i see the console a 503 error appears:

/setup/index.php/dependency-check/component-dependency:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-05 a la(s) 13.18.14.png

I check the info on the issues -> https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/trouble/readiness/tshoot_rc_depend.html,  It does mention 3 things:
- issues from manually editing composer.json: I've never touched this file
- file system permissions: I've re-applied permissions on every install, error persists.
- deleting <your Magento install dir>/var/.update_cronjob_status and <your Magento install dir>/var/.setup_cronjob_status to change status of Component Dependency Check.

My crons are set following the guide on serverpilot -> https://serverpilot.io/community/articles/how-to-install-magento-2.html, all setting up to php 5.6.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Component manager: conflicting component dependencies

Hi @fsrojas

You may see "require-dev" tag in composer.json file.

Run composer install or update with --no-dev flag. This will not install developer dependency packages.

composer install --no-dev

OR

composer update --no-dev

Then try to installed from the same , that might help you !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @fsrojas

You may see "require-dev" tag in composer.json file.

Run composer install or update with --no-dev flag. This will not install developer dependency packages.

composer install --no-dev

OR

composer update --no-dev

Then try to installed from the same , that might help you !!

That's solved the issue. thanks! I have to also increase the memory swap available on the serverpilot server. This is how -> https://iarijit.com/blog/increase-swap-serverpilot-ubuntu-16-04/

Hi @fsrojas

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue !! Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

Hi I have the same issue and tried 

composer update --no-dev

however the same issue is still there.

Manthan Dave,

When you say composer update --no-dev, do you mean open the composer.json file and find the line that says "require-dev": { I should change that to "--no-dev": { ?

I tried that and it didn't work. I had already installed composer, so I don't see why running the installation of that would help anything.

I should also note that according to PHP Settings Check I have a memory and timeout setting issue: Your current PHP memory limit is 768M. We recommend it to be set to 2G or more to use Setup Wizard. As a user with root privileges, edit your php.ini file to increase memory_limit. (The command php --ini tells you where it is located.) After that, restart your web server and try again. 

I added a php.ini to both my Magento root and the setup directory, and confirmed with a pjpinfo.php file that I'm at 2048MB mem_limit and the max_execution_time is set to 22000.

Hi! Manthan,

this command (composer install --no-dev )is to be run from magento root ?

thanks

Harish

Dear! Manthan,

I am new to programming. I had setup this magento website & I was trying to fix component dependency error and saw your post and basis your suggestion i ran 

"composer install --no-dev" command in my magento root & my site has crashed. How do i undo the problem?

i would want the status quo. Pls help, i  am in deep trouble !!

thanks

Harish

Well we did this upgrade, but now the webshop is not working correctly.

What did we do:

After composer update: composer update --no-dev

Of course to this; php bin / magento setup: install

Then setup: di: compile

From this point;

Does the server stay with a request at 100% cpu and high% ram.

Try to figure out with strace but don't get out. Pictures also appear from the website (some, not all).

Looked with top -c

Comes from the php-fpm72 pool <username of winkel.veluweairsoft.nl>.

Try to troubleshoot but can't get it done.