cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Cache Types are invalidated every time an order is placed.

SOLVED

What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

I recently integrated four extensions. Two were through the Magento Marketplace.

1.) deletes orders

2.) changes the series of assigned order numbers

3.) adds functionality in the orders list to batch invoice/ship/complete and a bunch of other options.

4.) a third party shipping service that doesn't do anything except report our orders to the shipper for generation and purchase of shipping labels. 

I'm using Magento ver. 2.1.7.

I have no idea if those modifications are what is causing my issue. But, the Configuration cache invalidation when the sale is processed is new. It didn't happen before. I don't understand the cache dynamic well enough to even guess where the cause is coming from. 

I also recently had my hosting provider edit some permissions? which I also don't understand. I was getting 404 errors when I tried to preview or save any email template that included variable references. 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configuration Cache Types are invalidated every time an order is placed.

Update:

It was one of the extensions I integrated. It stores data in the "configuration," so that when it is active, the configuration cache triggers a request for validation. It is a non-issue, apparently. 

From the support docs:

Configuration cache invalidated

The configuration cache will always get invalidated if something in the system configuration changes - and this is where our module saves its data. But this doesn't cause any problems. The cache being invalidated simply means parts of it are not valid anymore, and Magento will automatically refresh/re-read that part of the cache. There is no need to manually refresh the cache.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Configuration Cache Types are invalidated every time an order is placed.

Update:

It was one of the extensions I integrated. It stores data in the "configuration," so that when it is active, the configuration cache triggers a request for validation. It is a non-issue, apparently. 

From the support docs:

Configuration cache invalidated

The configuration cache will always get invalidated if something in the system configuration changes - and this is where our module saves its data. But this doesn't cause any problems. The cache being invalidated simply means parts of it are not valid anymore, and Magento will automatically refresh/re-read that part of the cache. There is no need to manually refresh the cache.