cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron Job Throws Exception, message truncated - help to diagnose?

Cron Job Throws Exception, message truncated - help to diagnose?

Background: I've just upgraded a Magento 1.7.x store to Magento 2.0.4.  Installed 2 plugins, but otherwise it is a blank store with just my data and settings from Magento 1.7 imported (i.e., stores, products, customers, sales, etc all imported).

If I *don't* compile the store, then the cron jobs run just fine.  But after I run the compile command like this:

bin/magento setup:di:compile

then the next (and every subsequent) run of the cron jobs results in the following error: 

I've also been watching the contents of the var/log directory, and nothing changes there at all (watching with xtail).

I'd really love to track down the cause of the error, but the exception is being truncated in the cron output.  Can anyone help me figure out more specifically where the error is occurring? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cron Job Throws Exception, message truncated - help to diagnose?

As a follow-up: I've disabled the 2 plugins I have installed, so the store is now a stock Magento 2 install with my stores configured and data loaded.

The error is still happening: if I compile the store, then I can't run cron.

Should I just clear out the compilation and leave it off? 

Re: Cron Job Throws Exception, message truncated - help to diagnose?

And, continuing to talk to myself in case someone else runs into this problem, I have switched from compiling the single magento install to using the multi-tentant compiler: 

bin/magento setup:di:compile-multi-tenant

To be clear, my magento installation has only 1 website, 1 database, etc.  There are a few different storefronts, but as I understand things, it is not considered a multi-tenant store.  However, compiling this way does not cause any problems with cron, even with my extra plugins enabled.