cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron jobs pile up and never stop running, thus crashing the server

SOLVED

Re: Cron jobs pile up and never stop running, thus crashing the server

Hi Guys,

I was also confused with this issue where magento is creatin multiple entries for same jobcode and I am able to fix it.

I have created the job schedule for 15 min on server 
https://prnt.sc/p57rci

and made these setting in admin
https://prnt.sc/p57rml

After making this setting I get all records success without any pending or missed.
https://prnt.sc/p57qm3

Please like if it works

Hi everyone!

I've been able to resolve my issue. The reason why the server wouldn't complete cron jobs in time was Ajax Layered Navigation module which put very high load on the server. This module came with template I purchased via ThemeForest. Turning the module off resolved all issues and made the server happy at a cost of a missing fancy Ajax Layered Navigation feature. Will have to look for an alternative solution to the disabled module. Everything's been working fine for several weeks now.

DK - I don't wish to name and shame but do you mind telling us what this layer nav module was?

@DK_dev wrote:

Hi everyone!

I've been able to resolve my issue. The reason why the server wouldn't complete cron jobs in time was Ajax Layered Navigation module which put very high load on the server. This module came with template I purchased via ThemeForest. Turning the module off resolved all issues and made the server happy at a cost of a missing fancy Ajax Layered Navigation feature. Will have to look for an alternative solution to the disabled module. Everything's been working fine for several weeks now.

@DK_dev I am troubleshooting this exact same issue.

The only change I have made was installing a new Olegnax them which comes with Olegnax_LayeredNavigation module.

Disable this module has not resolved the issue.

What the name of the module that was causing you the issue?

Edit: Disabling the module actually resolved the issue. Remember to enable cache...

@jlfguthrie wrote:

@DK_dev wrote:

Hi everyone!

@DK_dev I am troubleshooting this exact same issue.

The only change I have made was installing a new Olegnax them which comes with Olegnax_LayeredNavigation module.

Disable this module has not resolved the issue.

What the name of the module that was causing you the issue?

I can confirm, disabling Olegnax_LayeredNavigation module resolved this issue for me as well.

@jlfguthrie 

I think I have just run into this issue too, having just downloaded and install a theme by Olegnax that includes the Olegnax_LayeredNavigation module.

Have you reported this back to Olegnax?  If so what was their response?

I found that disabling Combine inline scripts got it working correctly.