cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Options type "Field" what is the best practice to do input validation?

Customizable Options type "Field" what is the best practice to do input validation?

I have a product with two "Customizable options" of type field. I would like the value of one field to be input verified. Something like text should end with "12121212" otherwise refuse to add to cart/wishlist etc.

What would be the adviced way to create such input field validation?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customizable Options type "Field" what is the best practice to do input validation?

Hi @f1outsourcing

You can fire the event when adding the product to the cart/wishlist to check the fields according to your needs.

Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/

Re: Customizable Options type "Field" what is the best practice to do input validation?

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply Smiley Wink Is that not a bit drastic, having to monitor events? Maybe I understand not correctly, do you have a link to an example?

I was actually thinking of something more client side, because it is not really possible to abuse this, it is more of a convenience so people are not entering the wrong data.

I already had to create a theme, I thought maybe 'copy' some product page into the theme and ad there some javascript?