cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Errors Following Migration

SOLVED

Database Errors Following Migration

Following our Migration from Magento 1.9, our system.log is getting bloated with errors like the following:
[2017-06-27 22:58:40] main.WARNING: Attempt to load value of nonexistent EAV attribute '995' for entity type 'Magento\Catalog\Api\Data\CategoryInterface'. [] []

During Migration we were getting errors with those entity types, and so we removed them directly from the database(I know, terrible idea), it allowed the Migration to proceed without error, but now we have 2 issues with our system, these errors, and whenever a product is Saved, it gets kicked out of its Categories. Not sure if these are related.

How do I go about restoring or fixing the problematic entries? If I identify the products in question with these attributes, will remaking those products fix the issue? How would I go about doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Database Errors Following Migration

@eckster 

Hey, after remove eav_attribute, you need to remove from catalog_eav_attribute 

Hope it will work for you.

If works then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@eckster 

Hey, after remove eav_attribute, you need to remove from catalog_eav_attribute 

Hope it will work for you.

If works then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

I had previously deleted them form eav_entity_attribute I believe, but I removed them from catalog_eav_attribute and it still had the error, so I also removed them from eav_attribute (this time making backups of the data first), and that has stopped the errors in the system.log.

However, whenever I save a product it still kicks that product out of all its categories, so apparently these are unrelated issues.

Just to help others, i'll try to add new information.

For us, we did a migration from m1 to m2 too.

In our case the attributes were added on catalog_category_entity_int and catalog_category_entity_varchar, just searching for attribut_id field, after we removed them the error log stopped ocurr.

Tks

We hired a programmer to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 1.  We do not know the specifics of what he did.  We cannot duplicate a product.   We cannot save or add products manually because the page times out with 503 errors when we try to save. Some products are showing up in the wrong categories.  We get a 503 error when we try to remove.  The system log has the error: main.WARNING: Attempt to load value of nonexistent EAV attribute '140'for entity type 'Magento\Catalog\Api\Data\ProductInterface'. This seems like the same type of problem but I did not understand your solution.  We see attribute_id 140 in both tables catalog_eav_attribute and eav_attribute