cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Store is inactive

SOLVED

Default Store is inactive

So, here I was thinking I had this figured out. Got the system installed with some outside help, started to build the pages and store inside of the admin interface and was ready to flip the switch to turn on my pages instead of the default luma pages.

Well... when I told it to turn on mine and turn off luma's it  broke and now throws the error: default store is inactive in the error logs.  Google-foo isn't returning answers on how to re-enable that store.  I can not access the admin interface now because of this error.  Every time I try it generates a new error file.

I'd greatly appreciate a gentle nudge in the right direction.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Default Store is inactive

Just saw this forum post so a bit late with the resolution - its pretty straightforward to fix. All you have to do is open up mysql and for example - 

type the following - at the command line for your server

mysql -u username - p  (where you replace with your db user name , it will then prompt for password).

use magento; (or whatever you named your magento 2 db

select * from store; (note that you will see the store_id 1, code = default record showing is_active field as 0. This needs to be updated to a 1.

update store

set is_active=1 where store_id=1;   (assuming the store_id for the default store is 1 ).

Voila refresh the browser and you will see your site return back.

I am pretty surprised that Magento breaks so easily on this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I made the same mistake and disabled the default store view. Now both front and admin are unaccessible. I can't find where in database can i change it. 

I am glad I wasn't the only one.  I looked in the database as well, but nothing obvious stands out on where that information would be stored.  But yes, my front and admin sides are also down and have been since Sunday.  Not a huge deal for me just yet since it was just trying to get the site launched and scrubbed of the sample data, but yes, stuck in the water.

Can anyone help, please

Looks like the only solution is to destroy all data and start over Smiley Sad.  I've still been unable to locate anything through google on this error or how to resolve it.  Looks like it's back to square one for me.  Purging the system now and will hopefully restart tomorrow.

Just saw this forum post so a bit late with the resolution - its pretty straightforward to fix. All you have to do is open up mysql and for example - 

mysql -u username - p  (where you replace with your db user name , it will then prompt for password).

select * from store; (note that you will see the store_id 1, code = default record showing is_active field as 0. This needs to be updated to a 1.

update store

set is_active=1 where store_id=1;   (assuming the store_id for the default store is 1 ).

@petebladon wrote:

update store

Thanks that work for me.
i did a different query:  select * from store where is_active=0; then change manually is_active=1

In my magento 2.0.7 the table was named mg_store

the solution worked for me :-)

Thanks

Ron