cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design_config_form.xml "imageupload" fix leads to "Error Processing Your Request" after saving.

Design_config_form.xml "imageupload" fix leads to "Error Processing Your Request" after saving.

I replaced the formelement="fileUpload"  with formelement="imageUpload", in all of my Design_config_form.xml files. It allowed me into the Design Configuration to edit a theme, where I saved a new .jpg for the e-mail header format.

Now when I try to get into ANY of the Design Configuration themes to Edit, I get "There has been an error processing your request".

The server system.log shows:

"The 'formElement' configuration parameter is required for the 'head_shortcut_icon' field."

I can't get back into a theme to further edit it...

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Design_config_form.xml "imageupload" fix leads to "Error Processing Your Request&

Hello @tmartinkovic ,

I hope that you have perform as per below changes.

On mangento 2.3.0 version when you try to upload logo for theme and if you got the error as

technical problem with the server created an error

then you need to change in below file :

app/code/Magento/Theme/view/adminhtml/ui_component/design_config_form.xml

replace below code :

field name="head_shortcut_icon" formElement="imageUploader">

with

field name="head_shortcut_icon" formElement="fileUploader">

After perform above change, please deploy static content and clear cache.

--

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Re: Design_config_form.xml "imageupload" fix leads to "Error Processing Your Request&

@gelanivishal :

There isn't a

app/code/Theme/view/adminhtml/ui_component/design_config_form.xml file.

All of the design_config_form.xml files are in the vendor/magento/ folders,

like vendor/magento/module-theme/view/adminhtml/ui_component.

They've all been edited, cache cleared, setup:di:compile'd, cache_deploy:content & and work for the initial time of editing the theme, but after that, an Edit brings up the "Error Processing Your Request", and you can't get back to further edit the theme.