cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadable Product (same SKU) - different Upload files for different Store Views not working

Downloadable Product (same SKU) - different Upload files for different Store Views not working

Hello there,

I am working on Magento 2.3 version (Community)

Problem:

• I have a downloadable product, same SKU, different store views English + German
  • I can change all product info text etc. English + German, also labels and titles in the respective Store View

BUT

the file I can upload, which later gets downloaded by clients, can only be changed for all store views globally. Which is a really strange Magento behavior.

I need the German download-file for German Store View I need the English download-file for English Store View. It is a special tool kit in both English and in German language. So I would like to make each accessible for each client.

Whenever I upload a file it only changes the file for all Store Views. If I upload a file in German store view then this is the file for all, if I upload a file in All Store Views then this is the one and so on. But I am not able to add specific Upload files for specific store views. Is this a Magento bug possibly?

https://pasteboard.co/K2DKMvO.png

Does anyone know, how I can upload files for specific Store Views as well? I´d be so grateful for any help.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Downloadable Product (same SKU) - different Upload files for different Store Views not working

Hi @benitt,

You can change your downloads for each of your stores. In the "Scope" section you switch to the store you want to change the file then drag and upload your files on this store. You can see my attached photo

Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/

Re: Downloadable Product (same SKU) - different Upload files for different Store Views not working

Hi Marcus,

that does unfortunately not do the trick. Indeed you can upload files in each Store View. But uploading then chages the files globally for all Store Views. That is exactly my problem.

Yours

Ben

Hi @benitt,

After changing the file way for each store you run the command again

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/