cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating products does not allow the changing of categories for the new duplicated product

Duplicating products does not allow the changing of categories for the new duplicated product

Use this feature a lot but since the last upgrade, I am not able to duplicate the product and change the categories in the new duplicated product.  When changing the categories and then saving I get this error is "Could not save product "551" with position 1 to category 5" which reverts back to the original categories that the duplicated product originally had.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

Gloria 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Duplicating products does not allow the changing of categories for the new duplicated product

Hi @gloria_ lozinsk,

The reason might be that you have duplicated URL key. When you duplicate products, you need to edit url_key differently with the original products. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Hope this can help you!

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Marcus | LitExtension Expert
Shopping Cart Migration Service

Re: Duplicating products does not allow the changing of categories for the new duplicated product

Changed the url with new products but still cannot save when editing categories.  Thank you.

Could not save product "547" with position 1 to category 8

No.  Paid a web developer 6 hours to get this working.

I have the same problem. It is a bug

This appears to be a bug. I got around it by changing Visibility to Not Visible Individually, made the category changes and saved the product. Once saved, you can change the Visibility back to Catalog, Search (or similar) and save the product again.

This works, thank you

hello,
I did duplicate of a product and then change sku, qty, in stock, then enabled, did all the necessary things and then save the new duplicated product and it's generate a new url but in front end it does not showing.

can any one pls tell me how to fix that,
thanks