cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elasticsearch stopped too many times

SOLVED

Elasticsearch stopped too many times

Hi there !
Unfortunately I faced a problem with Elasticsearch, it's stopped too many time.

Always I've to use the following code then reindex !!

sudo systemctl start elasticsearch.service

Could you please what's the problem exactly ? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Elasticsearch stopped too many times

Hello @infonectar9054 

Please check your system reports like RAM and CPU usages. Because of the high CPU and RAM usage, the elastic search service is stoped.

To solve this you need to update the RAM size. Configure your system for CPU usage.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

View solution in original post

Hello @infonectar9054 

If you facing the page load time issue on the front end then there was some configuration available to tune the database. which is totally based on which database are you using. 

Based on the system requirement of Magento standard the 4GB RAM usage is normal.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @infonectar9054 

Please check your system reports like RAM and CPU usages. Because of the high CPU and RAM usage, the elastic search service is stoped.

To solve this you need to update the RAM size. Configure your system for CPU usage.

Hi @dipmegpro ,

Thank you very much.

I've upgrade my server and now it's works fine.

Is there any other configuration ?

Also now I've 8 GB RAM, why it's used around 4 GB ? is it normal ?

Hello @infonectar9054 

If you facing the page load time issue on the front end then there was some configuration available to tune the database. which is totally based on which database are you using. 

Based on the system requirement of Magento standard the 4GB RAM usage is normal.

Assuming that you are using Ubuntu on your server. To optimize the elasticsearch service on JVM please use the below steps before going into production.

Step 1:
sudo nano /etc/elasticsearch/jvm.options
enable Xms4g and Xmx4g by removing the # infrot of them

Step 2: Fixing too_many_clauses error
sudo nano /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml

Adding the code “indices.query.bool.max_clause_count: 10024” on the bottom of the page.

Step 3: Restart Elasticsearch service
sudo sytemctl restart elasticsearch

Step 4: Testing if Elasticsearch works properly.
curl -XGET http://localhost:9200/