cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating New Product

Error Creating New Product

Hi

We are running Magento CE 2.3.3

When we try to create a new product (Simple, Bundle, Grouped, etc), and click save it comes up with the error

"The product that was requested doesn't exist. Verify the product and try again."

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 20.31.24.png

I have tried reindexing and clearing the cache. I have also checked the 'catalog_product_entity' table to make sure that there are no empty SKU's as this seems to cause this error in other forums.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Error Creating New Product

@rkgilchrist ,

the problem can be with MSI 

if you have multiple inventories then you should configure that properly.

if not then you must disable MSI 

To disable MSI, follow these steps : 

bin/magento module:disable  Magento_Inventory Magento_InventoryAdminUi Magento_InventoryApi Magento_InventoryBundleProduct Magento_InventoryBundleProductAdminUi Magento_InventoryCatalog Magento_InventorySales Magento_InventoryCatalogAdminUi Magento_InventoryCatalogApi Magento_InventoryCatalogSearch Magento_InventoryConfigurableProduct Magento_InventoryConfigurableProductAdminUi Magento_InventoryConfigurableProductIndexer Magento_InventoryConfiguration Magento_InventoryConfigurationApi Magento_InventoryGroupedProduct Magento_InventoryGroupedProductAdminUi Magento_InventoryGroupedProductIndexer Magento_InventoryImportExport Magento_InventoryIndexer Magento_InventoryLowQuantityNotification Magento_InventoryLowQuantityNotificationAdminUi Magento_InventoryLowQuantityNotificationApi Magento_InventoryMultiDimensionalIndexerApi Magento_InventoryProductAlert Magento_InventoryReservations Magento_InventoryReservationsApi Magento_InventoryCache Magento_InventorySalesAdminUi Magento_InventorySalesApi Magento_InventorySalesFrontendUi Magento_InventoryShipping Magento_InventorySourceDeductionApi Magento_InventorySourceSelection Magento_InventorySourceSelectionApi Magento_InventoryShippingAdminUi Magento_InventoryDistanceBasedSourceSelectionAdminUi Magento_InventoryDistanceBasedSourceSelectionApi Magento_InventoryElasticsearch Magento_InventoryExportStockApi Magento_InventoryReservationCli Magento_InventoryExportStock Magento_CatalogInventoryGraphQl Magento_InventorySetupFixtureGenerator
bin/magento setup:upgrade
bin/magento cache:flush
bin/magento indexer:reindex

kindly Accept as a Solution if this works for you and give Kudos! 

Hi @amitsamsukha 

Thanks for the reply.

I do have multiple inventories ( so disabling is not an option). When you say "configure that properly", do you have anything that I should look out for?

Cheers

Rob

@rkgilchrist 

for MSI 

you need to add/assign a source while creating a new product. 

so make sure that you have stock added to your source while creating a new product and assign that. 

Hi @amitsamsukha 

I have tried assigning a Stock Location and assigning stock to it, but still get the error when I save the product. :-(

Cheers

Rob