cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: cannot call methods on priceBox prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'option'

SOLVED

Error: cannot call methods on priceBox prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'option'

When I enter the detail of a Configurable Product as a Client user, I do not get any options in the selection input:cc1.pngHowever when I open the product for "Quick View", if I leave all the options of the product configurable: cc2.png

Running the Firefox Web Developer Tool, I noticed that I threw the following error:cc3.png

This is happening to me with most configurable products, one that works for me, but I do not know until when.

All the things I did to try to solve it:

1. Delete the product and re-create it.
  2. Re-indexed the system indexes.
  3. I recreated another Atribute Set.

None of this worked for me.

The version of Magento is 2.1.7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error: cannot call methods on priceBox prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'option

The problem I had was the template I bought at Themaforest. This was the solution of the technical support:

solution.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Error: cannot call methods on priceBox prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'option

I'm having the same issue. I would be appreciated if we can get some help. My Magento version is also 2.1.7.

Thanks!

The problem I had was the template I bought at Themaforest. This was the solution of the technical support:

solution.png

I am also facing same issue

www.cartaroo.com.cy

clicking on product "gold standard whey"

configurable product drop down do not work at all.and js error thorw in console.

Any help?

Where I can find default_menu.phtml?

you can resolve this error here

https://bootsgrid.com/tag/magento-2-x-issues/

Same issue on ultimo theme 2.7.1 in Magento 2.2.2

No solution from ultimo support Smiley Sad

Someone ave the same issue?

Thanks in advanced

priceBox 
please use

$(window).load(function(){});

Like this  in the _create:function createPriceBundle(){} function 
$(window).load(function(){

priceBox.priceBox('setDefault', opts.optionConfig.prices);

});

it will resolve 

For configurable product I am getting same issue when I am enabling all child product for Pre-order. it is not showing options in drop-down at Product Details page.

Hi, I am new in Magento 2, please describe me where I need to add mentioned the code. 

x