cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message received “We can’t place this order”, blank invoice and discount

SOLVED

Error message received “We can’t place this order”, blank invoice and discount

Hi Everyone, 

I'm Jamie from AIC we have a client having the following issues. Would love some feed back on this

After a customer creates an account, then logs out, then logs back in again and tries to make a payment via paypal, they can’t.  Error message received “We can’t place this order”.  This seems to only happen when an existing customer logs in to make another purchase

1. After a customer creates an account, then logs out, then logs back in again and tries to make a payment via paypal, it applies the GST as a discount.  This is an error that Mitash can’t explain.  They are not sure why this is happening.  This is what shows on the checkout page.

Hi vis Backpack $80.10

Less discount $-8.90  (system is putting in this discount, I have not asked for this discount to be put in)

Plus GST $8.09

Amount of purchase $80.01

This issue also has an impact on point 2.  I.e., Paypal can’t process the order, because the back pack is $89.00 at checkout, but after the checkout process via paypal for an existing customer, the above amounts are applied.

When a new customer places an order, and after payment has been made via either Securepay or Paypal, the last screen tells the customer “click here to print invoice”, but when you click on that link, it brings up a blank invoice.

Can yo help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error message received “We can’t place this order”, blank invoice and discount

Hello @jamie_robinson

please check system.log for same.

hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Error message received “We can’t place this order”, blank invoice and discount

Hello @jamie_robinson

please check system.log for same.

hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer