cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Use Flat Catalog Product Magento 2

Error on Use Flat Catalog Product Magento 2

Hi

I am trying to set Use Flat Catalog Product = Yes but if i reindex store than it shows below error.

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation:1118 Row size too large. The Maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs, query was: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE `catalog_product_entity_varchar_tmp_indexer`()

I am using Magento 2.1.5 version.

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Error on Use Flat Catalog Product Magento 2

Most probably you have many attributes. Each attribute is varchar(255) so it's easy to reach the 64K limit.

Try changing some attributes and disabling "used in product listing" and sorting, to remove them from flat catalog product table.

Then try reindexing again.

Re: Error on Use Flat Catalog Product Magento 2

Hello, 

I get a similar error when I reindex catalog_product_flat (the error is below). I don't think I can delete or change some of the attributes since each column seems like a necessary product. Disabling "used in product listing" and reindexing also fails, so I was wondering if there was a  server configuration in mySQL that can control the limit for this table? 

I'm running on Magento 2.4.2 and the error is as follows : 

Product Flat Data index exception: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs, query was: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE `catalog_product_entity_varchar_tmp_indexer` (

`entity_id` int UNSIGNED NULL COMMENT 'Entity_id'

Thank you!