cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when "Add to Cart" - Error message "We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now"

SOLVED

Error when "Add to Cart" - Error message "We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now"

Hi All

When I press "Add to Cart", there is error message

"We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now."

Any idea for the issue?

Please help

Regards

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error when "Add to Cart" - Error message "We can't add this item to your shoppin

Hi

Thanks for your help first. Actually, I am no programmer and I have limited knowledge the trace the program. I check the log file below
/var/log/debug.log and found below message, do you have any idea?

Regards

Andy

error1.JPG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Error when "Add to Cart" - Error message "We can't add this item to your shoppin

Hi @andykfwoo,

That is a generic error message but it's not really providing the required information in order to debug the issue.

I suggest to enable developer mode using the Magento command-line tool to log errors:

bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer

Then, you should check the var/log folder to see the error message or add a breakpoint before that exception is generated to debug.

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

"We can't add this item to your shopping cart right now" is a generic message which hides some internal exteption.
Please see the exception log in the var/log directory or set a breakpoint in the code point where the message is generated.

Hi

Thanks for your help first. Actually, I am no programmer and I have limited knowledge the trace the program. I check the log file below
/var/log/debug.log and found below message, do you have any idea?

Regards

Andy

error1.JPG

I found the solution
Go to
/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache/Backend
and edit the file.php
Search for 'cache_dir' => null,
and replace it with
'cache_dir' => 'var/cache',
DONE!
For us it worked well.

This isn't solution, its a trick which good programmers hate the most.

I too have the same problem and I am not able to resolve the same. The same code works fine on the staging environment but not on production. Find extract from exception.log

#44 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/module-page-cache/Model/App/FrontController/VarnishPlugin.php(55): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#45 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Chain/Chain.php(67): Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\VarnishPlugin->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#46 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->invokeNext('Magento\\Framewo...', 'dispatch', Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Array, 'front-controlle...')
#47 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/module-page-cache/Model/App/FrontController/BuiltinPlugin.php(68): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#48 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(142): Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#49 /<magento dir>var/generation/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, Array)
#50 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(135): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#51 /<magento dir>vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(258): Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch()
#52 /<magento dir>pub/index.php(37): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Http))
#53 {main} [] []

Moppelfett, this good solution, thank you so much!Smiley Happy

Moppelfett, Please do not advise to edit the core files. This can be handled with config when setting the cache backend to file in app/etc/env.php

This class is also being deprecated in favor of Magento\Framework\Cache\Core

See reference

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/cache/cache-types.html

Hi,

We are using the Redis cache. So please suggest me what can I add here.