cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while removing .html from product & category suffix

Error while removing .html from product & category suffix

Hello,

While removing .html from product & category suffix I get the following message...

Something went wrong while saving this configuration: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'lookingl_mage504.url_rewrite' doesn't exist, query was: UPDATE `url_rewrite` SET `request_path` = ? WHERE (`url_rewrite_id` = 185)

Below is the response from my server technician, is he correct or is this another issue?

Thank you!

I've taken a look into this and the issue appears to be because the SEO module isn't properly detecting the table prefix of mgs7 on all of the database tables. The table "url_rewrite" does in fact exist though, and after enabling the general query log for MySQL I see that it is even performing a SELECT from it first before attempting to run an UPDATE:

19 Query    SELECT `mgs7_url_rewrite`.* FROM `mgs7_url_rewrite` WHERE (`entity_type` IN ('product')) AND (`store_id` IN (1))
19 Query    UPDATE `url_rewrite` SET `request_path` = 'avlon-affirm-moisturright-clarifying-shampoo-8-fl-oz-240-ml' WHERE (`url_rewrite_id` = 185)

Likewise each time this is attempted the configuration cache also becomes invalidated. I'm unsure currently if the issue is with the cache itself, and the module is relying on that, or if the issue is simply with the module picking up the table prefix, but it appears to be a problem somewhere within the Magento code and not necessarily with the server. I have attempted to fully rebuild the Magento cache, though, and this has not had an affect on the issue.

It's clear that the rest of Magento is properly picking up the table prefix, so I suspect the issue is just with the SEO Optimization module.

If you can, please contact Magento's support to get more information on this as I'm currently unsure if the prefix just needs to be updated within another file elsewhere or if there is another process that is better suited for correcting the issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error while removing .html from product & category suffix

I propose you to remove the prefix ("mgs7_") from the tables, and use a dedicated database for the Magento.

Didn't work... any other options? Thanks!

What exact error message have you got now?