cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import error "invalid option value" 2.1.5

SOLVED

Export/Import error "invalid option value" 2.1.5

Must admit to being a newbie with Magento, but a simple export of the products and import should work on the same system but it doesn't! These are Configurable products and I want to check that I can add more, but even just exporting the products and then importing them without changing a thing gives me the "invalid option value" on three rows out of 10.

Is this a bug? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Export/Import error "invalid option value" 2.1.5

Firstly a bit disappointed that nobody replied, but as I have discovered the bug, now I understand why 95% of people would not get this issue! But I record it here just in case there is someone else struggling like me with this bug.

This is only applicable to configuration type product and also only applicable if you have specified a different value to a Product variation attribute between the 'Admin' and 'Store View'. I decided to use a letter code for the Admin and the full name for the Store View this meant that the export from Magento of the Products used the Store View in the 'configuarable_variations' instead of the 'Admin' value, so there was not a valid link between the virtual type and the configurable type. The virtual type correctly had the additional_attributes set using the 'Admin' value, but the configurable type used the 'Store View' value instead of the 'Admin' value in the configurable_variations field. So there was a mismatch.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Firstly a bit disappointed that nobody replied, but as I have discovered the bug, now I understand why 95% of people would not get this issue! But I record it here just in case there is someone else struggling like me with this bug.

This is only applicable to configuration type product and also only applicable if you have specified a different value to a Product variation attribute between the 'Admin' and 'Store View'. I decided to use a letter code for the Admin and the full name for the Store View this meant that the export from Magento of the Products used the Store View in the 'configuarable_variations' instead of the 'Admin' value, so there was not a valid link between the virtual type and the configurable type. The virtual type correctly had the additional_attributes set using the 'Admin' value, but the configurable type used the 'Store View' value instead of the 'Admin' value in the configurable_variations field. So there was a mismatch.

HTH

I face the same problem now, thx, for

wow - this helped me so much!! - thank you!!