cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export attempt gives me 'Please correct the data sent value'

SOLVED

Export attempt gives me 'Please correct the data sent value'

Hi I've just installed Magento 2, and created a configurable product that I want to export as a template for future bulk imports.

However, the export is failing, and I can't figure out why.

Please correct Data Sent Value

In System -> Data Transfer -> Export I enter 'Products' as entity type and 'CSV' as export file format (the only option available).

Once I've selected 'Products', firebug tells me there's an ajax call for [...]/admin/export/getFilter/key/[...]/entity/catalog_product?isAjax=true which fails with a 500 Internal Server Error.

When I click the 'continue' button the page reloads the following error: 'Please correct the data sent value.'

There is no field for a Data Sent value.

I assume that my problem is related to the failed ajax call, but how do I troubleshoot this?

Where can I find the error log? (The call is not creating any new entries in the var/log files)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Export attempt gives me 'Please correct the data sent value'

Ok. So although Magento for the most seemed to be working as it should, I realised I had run the installation wizard with memory_limit set to 256M and max_execution_time set to 300.

Changing these to 1024M and 18000 respectively and then doing a fresh Magento installation got rid of this problem for me.

(Neither changing the php settings on the existing installation nor reinstalling without changing these settings solved it.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ok. So although Magento for the most seemed to be working as it should, I realised I had run the installation wizard with memory_limit set to 256M and max_execution_time set to 300.

Changing these to 1024M and 18000 respectively and then doing a fresh Magento installation got rid of this problem for me.

(Neither changing the php settings on the existing installation nor reinstalling without changing these settings solved it.)

Any chance you can share how to change these two values? Smiley Happy

@violins wrote:

you could please share how to change those two values? Smiley Happy

You can make these changes by editing your php.ini file

In my case, I did remove all log file in var (or you can backup it) then re-run export function. After that go to var/log and found an exception.

Open log and see that function

set_time_limit

I go to php.ini and found that the function in list disable function config. I remove it from list then it works.

I have upgraded the magento2.3.6 to magento2.4.3. after upgradation while product sheet exporting it showed the error like this (Please correct the data sent value), Also product attribute not showing.
if choose the dropdown customer address option it exports correctly.

Also entity attributes not showing.