I'm trying t upload a CSV of Products.
When i try with any CSV - including the downloaded sample CSV on the Data Transfer, The only error I get is "General System Exception Happened" - no additional information.
I have a local install where the import of both the sample and my CSV upload fine, so it's clearly something with my install/setup.
I've looked at every single Magento and server log file I can find for any guidance, searched the internet, and nothing I have found works.
1) Is there a place that I can look to get a better handle on what is erroring?
2) any additional thought as to what could be causing this?
Magento Enterprise 2.0.7
Please check below some points in your configuration it may help for you:
1. max_upload_size on php.ini file
2. max_execution_time on php.ini file
3. Give permission of your upload file to 777
4. Clear the Magento cache (in backend cache management)
I had this and after doing random 1 line imports, I found it was some characters in the descriptions. I had to open the csv in Notepad++ and go Encoding> Convert to UTF-8-BOM then save it as a copy. Went straight on then.