cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you change product's position in category as per store view in magento 1.9

How can you change product's position in category as per store view in magento 1.9

hi,

I want to change product position in category as per the store view.

If it possible than can anyone suggest the solution.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can you change product's position in category as per store view in magento 1.9

Hi @zarnar,

Short answer: you can't.

Long version:

The product position is a global attribute (isn't an attribute but let's say it is).

Basicallly there is a table with the relation between category id and products ids and also the position for that product in that category.

The table is: catalog_category_product.

Also, since sotre views were planned to be used for language change, can you share, if there is any, the reason of that requirment?

Re: How can you change product's position in category as per store view in magento 1.9

Hi,

We have website saree.com and we want display best seller products in top position.

We have multiple store view so in each store we want display product in different position.

so that why we want to customize that.

Thanks,

Zarna

Hi @zarnar,

This is an old answer/question but I guess is useful to understand a little bit more about your requirment: https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/15270/category-sort-order-for-different-stores

Hi, go to Catalog > Manage Categories > click on whichever category you want to re-position the items in > on the extreme right, you will see a column indicated 'Position-From/To' and you can insert numbering for the first item to be displayed to the last. It works for me, hope this helps.