cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate product current quantity to Multi Source Inventory feature in Magento 2.3.3

How to migrate product current quantity to Multi Source Inventory feature in Magento 2.3.3

Hi Everyone,

I have a website in Magento 2.3.3 and we were not using the MSI feature till now so we have disabled all the MSI related extension completely in our website.

Now, we are looking to use the MSI feature in our website and i have enabled the MSI related all the extension in our website and run all the necessary commands as per the below

• php bin/magento setup:upgrade
  • php bin/magento setup:di:compile
  • php bin/magento cache:clean
  • php bin/magento cache:flush
  • rm -rf pub/static/* var/* var/di/* var/cache/* var/page_cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* var/composer_home/cache/* generated/
  • php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
  • chmod 777 -R app/etc/ var/* var/ generated/* generated/ pub/* pub/media/ pub/media/* pub/static pub/static/*

After running these above commands, all the products are disappeared from the frontend website. I have done some R&D and found that until a source has not been assigned into the every product, then the product will not appeared in the frontend website. I have assigned a source to few products for testing purpose and run indexing in our website. After completing the indexing, these products are available in the frontend and available for purchase.

Now, the main issue is that we can not assign a source manually into each product because we have more than 1 lakh products in our website and we can not open each product and assign a source into that product and enter the quantity manually and save the product because it will take lots of time & effort to do it.

Can anyone have idea to do this in mass/bulk process so that we can assign the default source and enter the current quantity into default source OR using any CSV file OR any custom script OR any other way to assign a sources to every product and update the product quantity in mass process ???

Please share if anyone has any idea or solution for the same.

Thanks in advance.