cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve Unknown hashing algorithm: sha256 in Magento 2.3? Admin Panel Not Working.

How to solve Unknown hashing algorithm: sha256 in Magento 2.3? Admin Panel Not Working.

How to solve,

There has been an error processing your request
Warning: hash(): Unknown hashing algorithm: sha256 in C:\wamp\www\abc\vendor\magento\framework\Encryption\Encryptor.php on line 190

Magento 2.3 admin Panel not working.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to solve Unknown hashing algorithm: sha256 in Magento 2.3? Admin Panel Not Working.

Hi @Jeeva Rathinam,

Make sure the following via core php,

• the extension "php_openssl.dll" is enabled.
  • hash("sha512", "password"); // WORKS !
  • print_r( hash_algos() ); //displays sha256

Prema M

Re: How to solve Unknown hashing algorithm: sha256 in Magento 2.3? Admin Panel Not Working.

Thank You  @prema_mani1 I got your first point, already openssl enabled. Can i get more clarification about 2nd and 3rd point.  2) 

• hash("sha512", "password"); // WORKS ! where i can update this?

Hi @Jeeva Rathinam,

Create a php file with the following line and check its output, 

<?php

print_r( hash_algos() );
echo hash("sha512", "password");
?> If it not displays sha256 algorithm, them you need to install it.

Prema M

Seems you are getting this when you try to access admin. Open localhost/phpmyadmin or 127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin which certainly gives you an error. To fix this, restart of server to start the service of PHPMYADMIN. if you are on local server, open your xampp or wampp, stop all services then start it. This will fix your all issues for sure

Thanks Zuber.