cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import to update only max_cart_qty

SOLVED

Import to update only max_cart_qty

Hey everyone, go easy I'm relatively new to M2 although I'd getting my head round it.

We've got SKUs imported into our backend no problem at all but we didn't import all fields at the same time, just what we needed to get the site up and running.

So, now we want to to a .csv import which only updates the following

max_cart_qty

So, I've set up a csv file with SKU and max_cart_qty as the two columns and it won't work.

Is there a minimum number of headers that are also required, I think I'm setting up the import correctly which is Products add/update etc.

Each time I load the csv it says other columns are missing.

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Import to update only max_cart_qty

Hi @noel_vance 

Perfect, Glad to know that issue gets resolved.

Yes, from the spreadsheet if any field which is not recognized then it will give error.

Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @noel_vance 

Yes i understand the issue you are facing and i have checked the same.

Its working fine at my end by importing only two columns one is sku and max_cart_qty

The error are you are facing in this case because in your list there are other type of products is also there - like downloadable product, configurable product etc.

you can update this using two columns for simple product type only - because for other type of products - few columns are mandatory lets say for downloadable product - we need to give Options for downloadable products. if its not there then it will give errors - same for other type of products.

So here if you want to use only two columns sku and max_cart_qty then it will work for simple products only ! for rest product types you need to identify few columns are required and that needs to put.

Hope it helps !

Hi @Manthan Dave thank you for the response.

It's interesting that you say that, one of the errors that the import was reporting back was that 'product_type' was not included, but all our SKUs are 'simple', so I'm not sure why it was asking for that.

I am busy today but will I will retry these steps again on Monday and will update this when I get a moment.

Thanks again for your reply, appreciated.

Noel

Hi @noel_vance 

Yes - please try today - and if you still face any issue - then post the screenshot over here

so its help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Hope it helps !

Hello @noel_vance 

So it is works for you or you still facing the issue ?

Hey @Manthan Dave I am just working on this now.

I did a test file with only 4 SKUs and it worked fine, but with a 35,000 SKU file it came up with the same errors.

I think it might not like SKUs with max_cart_qty at zero, but I am checking on this now.

Thanks

Hi @noel_vance 

Alright - glad to know that its work for you !

Also for 35000 records you are facing this issue because something gets missing on that specific records - that need to identify.

Hope it helps !

So I have worked this out and the answer is this.

The stock file spreadsheet I am trying to import includes SKUs which are not in the Magento database. 

To explain, we have a master stock excel spreadsheet but all this stock is NOT on the Magento site.

So, M2 will error if it's doesn't recognise the SKU.

I changed the spreadsheet to only items that are in the Magento database and it works 100% fine.

Hi @noel_vance 

Perfect, Glad to know that issue gets resolved.

Yes, from the spreadsheet if any field which is not recognized then it will give error.

Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy