cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing products not working - Mag 2.2.3

Importing products not working - Mag 2.2.3

Trying to uplaod products using import product through csv

However i keep getting this error

Data validation failed. Please fix the following errors and upload the file again.
Following Error(s) has been occurred during importing process:
Only the first 100 errors are shown. Download full report
1. Duplicated unique attribute in row(s): 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Checked rows: 28, checked entities: 28, invalid rows: 24, total errors: 24

i have used open office to make the csv

i have gone around looking for more into, the only thing i found was this, but i don't understand what he did to fix it

Please someone kindly help meee

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Importing products not working - Mag 2.2.3

Seems to issue related to unique attribute value, You have kept attribute value as unique and you are trying to upload attribute value with duplication so this error will occur.

Better way to upload csv with one row at a time and Check any error is display and gradually increase row size to solve your issue
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

I found the solution to the same problem you were having.   I was working in Excel and saving the page with the column headers and data as a CSV file.   What I did not see was that Excel must have had a space or something in the last two unused columns and when the file was saved as a CSV file it created two additional comma delimited fields with nothing in them.   The "duplicates" that were found during the validation were only the last two fields both being blank.

Now before I "Save As", UTF-8, I select all the valid columns and that insures there is no "blank" columns to fail the validation.   In addition, I open the resultant CSV file with Notepad++, select Encoding on the top menu, select Encode in UTF-8 (no BOM) then Save.

That solved my problem, hopefully yours as well.

I know this is old topic, but I fixed a similar issue by ensuring that a field which was REQUIRED and that also enforced UNIQUENESS (like unique product identifier or market) did in fact have unique information in each value.