cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to translate de default block "home-page-block" from theme Luma...

Impossible to translate de default block "home-page-block" from theme Luma...

Hello,

I have started to translate many parts of the "default" Magento Community open source on my own dedicated server for testing. So first I renamed the default store view "english" and created a new "français" store view.

For most of the things the translation was working properly.

After that I tried to follow the directives for translating a block and went to Content->Block->home-page-block and change the "Store View" to "English" and copied the Editor text content. After that I created a new block with the same "Title" and "Identifier" choose the "Français"  as the "Store View" and pasted the content in the Editor, that I translated afterward.

I flushed the Cache and after I was able to see normally the block "home-page-block" page in the "english" store view, but the block is not there in the "français" store view.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Rej

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Impossible to translate de default block "home-page-block" from theme Luma...

I have found a partial solution.

I noticed that the Content->Pages->Home Page was empty!

I copied this in the Content part of that page :

{{block class="Magento\Cms\Block\Block" block_id="home-page-block"}}

Now I can see my french block translated, but I see the english block twice!

After searching for the .csv file responsible for the display of "home-page-block" I found :

vendor/magento/module-cms-sample-data/fixtures/blocks/categories_static_blocks.csv

vendor/magento/module-widget-sample-data/fixtures/cmsblock.csv

I then deleted the reference for that block inside the files, but I was still seeing it twice, then I edited Content->Widgets->Home Page and Assign to Store Views for "english". Then I have "Add widget" to make the same copy and Assign to Store Views for "français".

That way I got rid of the double display in the "english" section, but now the links in the Home Page "français" are resulting in "404 not found" page!

I have a tough time to figure out the way to get my site working in both languages...

By the way I am using version 2.3.4

Re: Impossible to translate de default block "home-page-block" from theme Luma...

I have progressed in my translation problem solving...

I know now that the problem is the "Url rewrite" section of magento, it seem to interpret differently the "english" and "français" "Store view" block links.

If i replace in my "français" block :

href="{{store url=""}}collections/yoga-new.html"

With the supposed url rewrite path:

href="{{store url=""}}catalog/category/view/id/8'}}"

It is working properly!

Is there a way to solve this issue more easily than modify all the links individually?

I still have issues with translation!

I was able to correct the home links problem with "Marketing Url rewrites", but I cannot find a way to see the "footer_links_block" in the "français" Store View!

It appears in the "english" section and disappear in the "français" section.

It seem that there is a problem with the "block"