cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinite loading during checkout process with Payflow

Infinite loading during checkout process with Payflow

We're having some issues with the checkout process in Magento 2.2, specifically with Payflow Pro.

We have it setup with the correct credentials, and both the Payflow account and cart are in live mode, but once we enter credit card details and click "Place Order", the checkout process makes the TLS handshake with Payflow, but the checkout seems to freeze soon after, leading to the loading icon spinning indefinitely.  The page never reloads or does anything else from there.  Nothing is being written to any of Magento's logs, either.

We've communicated with Paypal tech support, they ran a test transaction and said that they received no information.  Our hosting company (Nexcess) was able to communicate from the server to Payflow directly, it just seems that Magento 2.2 has issues connecting to Payflow.

Any ideas/thoughts on what could be the problem, if not the server or Payflow itself?  Any information would be helpful.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Infinite loading during checkout process with Payflow

@es11support

please check console and click on network mode and share information of network ajax call.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

I'm not sure what you mean by console "network mode" - if you mean my browser (Firefox) console, it is blank.

We actually had a test make it through to Paypal as an accepted payment when we configured the "Hosted Checkout Pages" as outlined in this github post, but the checkout page is still stuck with the loading icon.  No logs have any information and the order record isn't in the admin panel under "Sales".

@es11support

Have you did setting, after setting please wait for 1-2 hours then check it.

if it will work then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

I have the same issue, did you fix it?

@es11support wrote:

We're having some issues with the checkout process in Magento 2.2, specifically with Payflow Pro.

We have it setup with the correct credentials, and both the Payflow account and cart are in live mode, but once we enter credit card details and click "Place Order", the checkout process makes the TLS handshake with Payflow, but the checkout seems to freeze soon after, leading to the loading icon spinning indefinitely.  The page never reloads or does anything else from there.  Nothing is being written to any of Magento's logs, either.

We've communicated with Paypal tech support, they ran a test transaction and said that they received no information.  Our hosting company (Nexcess) was able to communicate from the server to Payflow directly, it just seems that Magento 2.2 has issues connecting to Payflow.

Any ideas/thoughts on what could be the problem, if not the server or Payflow itself?  Any information would be helpful.

Unfortunately, it wound up being an issue we couldn't diagnose or fix - something in the upgrade process (2.1.x to 2.2) appeared to be the problem, as a clean install of 2.2 was what made the checkout work again.

same here, mangento 2.3.3.  Customer checks out and cart just spins.  Sends a zero transaction to paypal so its connecting to paypal.  PayPal said that magento is not accepting the response from them to complete.  This is what PayPal said...

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with your Magento checkout. I went to your website and was able to reproduce the error. It appears that the cart is not seeing PayPal's responses to the authorization requests. I can see we are sending the responses, and that the authorizations are successfully registering in the account.

I recommend checking to see if there may be a firewall or other type of issue that could block responses from PayPal.

I was using cloud flare and disabled that for the time being, also check HTA access, looks good there as well.  

Anyone have any luck with this issue yet?  Thanks in advance!!!

Hello, we are facing the same issue, did you every find a fix?

Please check if Payflow is used in any third-party extension.

In my case, a third party was causing the issue.

On the terminal, try to search Payflow in the app/code folder, i.e.

command: grep -r "Payflow" app/

If you found anything after hitting the above command, then disable the extension, in which you found the code. And then check.