cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it OK to disable Cache and add new products, extensions etc?

SOLVED

Is it OK to disable Cache and add new products, extensions etc?

Hello, I am new to Magento (Beginner). I am working with Magento 2.2.2.

I have a question.

Is this line of working OK ?

(i) Disable All Cache first (ii) Add New Products or Add any new Extension etc. (iii) Enable All Cache. (iv) Flush Cache.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it OK to disable Cache and add new products, extensions etc?

Yes, it would be ok. Note that if you're doing this on your production site then your site will be slowly/won't scale to as many users during the time that you have cache disabled. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You don't have to disable cache first. You can just flush cache after changes (products/extensions) have been installed. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

@Tom Robertshaw wrote:

You don't have to disable cache first. You can just flush cache after changes (products/extensions) have been installed. 

[A] It means

I can make all changes without considering "Cache Management" message after each change.I do not need to Refresh Cache after every change.

I have to "Flush Cache" at the end. Right?

[B] My question is

Is it OK to disable cache just to avoid the "Cache Management" message after each change?

Thanks.

Yes, it would be ok. Note that if you're doing this on your production site then your site will be slowly/won't scale to as many users during the time that you have cache disabled. 

----

@Tom Robertshaw wrote:

Thanks