cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the Currency and Language switcher on mobile view

Issue with the Currency and Language switcher on mobile view

Hey there,

I have an issue with my website where the language switcher and currency switcher work on a width of >639px but stop working under that width.

How to recreate: 

Open the menu on the left, navigate to settings, try to change the currency or language.

Help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Giamo

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Issue with the Currency and Language switcher on mobile view

Hi @giamo_eerenbeemt

Looks like its theme issue !

Can you please enable Luma theme which is magento 's default and then check ? the same issue is happening or not ?

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hey @Manthan Dave

Thanks for the reply and it looks like it fixes the issue. I do have to use the other theme however, do you see what's wrong with it by any chance? 

Hi @giamo_eerenbeemt

Well i understand , but without seeing theme code its unable to predict what exact issue is with the theme !

But as you mention that its work with Luma theme , so issue is with theme only , you need to contact theme developer or create a support ticket where you purchased theme , they will definitely helps you in this case 

Alright I understand, thanks for your help!

I didn't buy the theme from anyone, it's developed where I work and it's my task as intern to fix it. Any recommendations of where to look? It seems as the clickable link still executes the href function just doesn't do anything with the data-post. I made sure the languages and currency.phtml files are up to date and they also work on a larger screen. 

My dataPost.js should also be okay, any other files that are worth looking into? 

If you can't help me any further I perfectly understand since it's quite a lot to ask, and you're unable to see the code yourself Smiley Sad

Hi @giamo_eerenbeemt

Glad to know that you understand the issue ,sure i am checking the issues which you mention and will give you response for the same asap 

Happy to help  Smiley Happy

Got you the Kuddo's !

Perhaps if you got time it's worth looking into my edit?

Hi @giamo_eerenbeemt

Actually i have checked with magento 2 luma theme , on mobile its passing like below code : 

{&quot;action&quot;:&quot;http:\/\/mywebsitedomain\/directory\/currency\/switch\/&quot;,&quot;data&quot;:{&quot;currency&quot;:&quot;USD&quot;,&quot;uenc&quot;:&quot;aHR0cDovLzEwLjE2LjE2LjE3Ni9tbTIyMy8,&quot;}}">USD - US Dollar</a>

But in your case , in your theme its passing straight forward same like on desktop version in responsive(mobile as well).

Can you please post code ? what customization exactly you have done on this header part ? so its helps me to troubleshoot the issue !

You have to check for your current theme's vendor/magento/module-store/view/frontend/templates/switch/stores.phtml.

This file is responsible for getting your language switcher or you need to compare your stores.phtml file of theme with core file.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial