cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Intel 13th Gen CPU and Magento 2.4.x – Any Advice?

Issues with Intel 13th Gen CPU and Magento 2.4.x – Any Advice?

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering some issues with my Intel 13th Gen CPU while using Magento 2.4.x. It seems like there are performance or compatibility problems when running Magento 2.4.x on this CPU.

Here’s a summary of the problems:

1. Performance Degradation: The system experiences noticeable slowdowns and performance issues when Magento 2.4.x is running, which affects the overall responsiveness of the platform.
  2. Compatibility Concerns: There appear to be compatibility issues between the Intel 13th Gen CPU and Magento 2.4.x, resulting in occasional errors or crashes during use.
  3. Error Messages: I’ve encountered various error messages related to Magento 2.4.x when using it on the Intel 13th Gen CPU, but these messages don’t provide enough information for troubleshooting.

I’ve tried updating Magento 2.4.x and the system drivers, but the issues persist.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Magento 2.4.x on an Intel 13th Gen CPU? Any advice or solutions to resolve these performance and compatibility issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Issues with Intel 13th Gen CPU and Magento 2.4.x – Any Advice?

Hello @oliviabarnddf4,

I believe running Magento on Intel 13th Gen CPU is okay.

Issue with performance can be due to the architecture setup:

1. Elasticsearch:

, in Magento 2.4 if you are using elasticsearch, it uses RAM of 8 GB by default, priority is also high, that you can reduce. You can disable the features which are not being used.

2. Cronjobs:

Depends on how many cronjobs you have setup and how much time each cronjob execution takes.

3. PHP-FPM:

You should check the php-fpm configurations, execution time etc.

4. Caching:

All caching should be enabled in Magento.

6. Use different caching mechanism:

use Varnish for frontload server, use Redis for queries caching.

And there are other things too like what are the customizations, 3rd party modules you have installed.

Let me know if you need further help !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Re: Issues with Intel 13th Gen CPU and Magento 2.4.x – Any Advice?

To resolve Magento 2.4.x issues on Intel 13th Gen CPUs, try these solutions:

1. PHP Compatibility: Use PHP 7.4 or 8.1, as required by Magento 2.4.x.
  2. Update Dependencies: Ensure MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis are up-to-date.
  3. Performance Tuning: Enable Varnish, PHP OpCache, and set indexers to "On Schedule."
  4. BIOS Update: Update your motherboard BIOS for better CPU compatibility.
  5. Managed Hosting: Consider using managed hosting optimized for Magento to handle hardware and software issues.
  6. Disable Extensions: Turn off non-essential extensions to avoid conflicts.
  7. Check Logs: Review /var/log/ for error messages.
  8. Virtualization: Run Magento in a Docker environment to bypass hardware problems.

This should help with both performance and compatibility.